CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
2023 TEMA+ Milestone Conference on European Territories: Identity, Heritage and Development
Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest (Hungary) 14 – 16 July 2023
The TEMA+ Consortium formed by the Eötvös Loránd University (Budapest, Hungary), École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (Paris, France), the University of Catania (Catania, Italy), Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic) and University of Laval, Québec is pleased to invite you to the TEMA+ Milestone Conference on European Territories: Identity, Heritage and Development (Budapest, 14 – 16 July, 2023).
This call addresses students and alumni of the TEMA European Master Course on European Territories (Civilisation, Nation, Region, City): Identity and Development (2011-2017) and TEMA+ European Territories: Heritage and Development Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programmes (2017-2023).
The Consortium and its partners invite both researchers and practitioners who are related or work in the field of the two programmes’ key themes and will be reflecting on the importance of cultural heritage, identity and development in contemporary culture on global, European, national, regional and local scales. Students and alumni who do not wish to give a presentation are also welcome to apply as participants in the Alumni Knowledge and Experience roundtable discussion or just as conference attendees.
During the conference, formal presentations (max 20 min. long presentations) will be combined with a round table discussion, where participants will be sharing their knowledge, work and career related experiences on real-world transition practices in the field of academia, research and job market (short presentations).
This event is also designed to celebrate the 10 th graduation anniversary of the first student edition and to maintain or regain contact with alumni who have graduated from the two study programmes. This will also be an excellent opportunity for networking with all students, alumni and professors of the TEMA community.
Special focus should be given to the three main topics of the conference sessions:
- Territories and Identity
- Territories and Cultural Heritage
- Territories and Development
The final session titles might be subject to change and parallel sessions might be organized pending the submitted student and alumni applications.
I - For submitting your application as a conference speaker (20 minutes):
- Please fill the online application form on this link by 11 December 2022 to inform the organisers about your intention to participate,
- Send an abstract of your presentation (max 450 words in English or in French) and your CV via email to Mrs. Lilla Zámbó (email@example.com) by 27 February 2023. Please, indicate your affiliation and which session topic is of specific interest for you.
- Selected conference speakers must send their full papers by 31 May 2023. Conference proceedings will be published after the conference.
II- For submitting your application as a participant of the Alumni Knowledge and Experience roundtable discussion:
- Please fill the online application form on this link by 14 December 2022 to inform the organisers about your intention to participate,
- Send a letter of motivation (max 300 words in English or French) and your CV via email to Mrs Lilla Zámbó (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 27 February 2023. Please, describe your study and professional experiences after your TEMA programme, current affiliation with a brief illustration of the topic and experience you would like to share during a short presentation (max 8 min./participant).
III- For submitting your application as a conference attendee:
- Please fill the online application form on this link on this link by 31 March 2023 to inform the organisers about your intention to participate.
The organisers screen all proposals and selects the applicants to participate in the conference as speakers, round-table participants with or without financial support. If required, additional materials/documents for selecting the application might be subsequently requested. All information, material and data provided by students and alumni will be treated confidentially, according to the GDPR regulations.
In order to facilitate a flawless organization of your conference participation, please use consistently one e-mail-address for communicating with the conference team at email@example.com.
Participants will be selected for the respective conference sessions and the round-table discussion by a board of reviewers of the partner institutions coordinated by the TEMA+ Pedagogic Council, based on the submitted applications. Selected participants will receive a notification of acceptance to the conference by 28 February 2023. Full papers must be sent until 31 May 2023. Non-selected applicants will also be able to participate on the conference as attendees.
No conference fee is charged. Selected conference speakers and round-table discussion participants can apply for full or partial funding for their travel and accommodation costs during the conference by sending a bursary application to the organisers. The bursaries will be selected by the Management Committee, comprising representatives of the partner universities, including coordinators, professors, students and alumni.
The bursary application request consists of the following documents that must be filled or sent to Mrs Lilla Zámbó (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 19 February 2023:
- The online application form (to be filled)
- Short CV (to be sent)
- Motivation letter in English or in French (max. 450 words) for requesting funding. Please, describe your current affiliation, conditions (if you have a paid full-time post or not), your travel plans (distance to travel for the conference) and if you have any other possibilities for getting a fund.
The priority will be given to students and young alumni scholars who live farer from the conference venue and who have no grants or other financial support which would be able to pay the costs for them. If required, additional materials/documents for selecting the application might be subsequently requested.
Please find up-to-date information about the conference on the website of the TEMA+ programme www.mastertema.eu/conference. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Join us in Budapest next summer and let us celebrate and share what TEMA has given to us!